Pages

Monday, July 28, 2014

July 18th & 19th Card Classes

I had such a wonderful time with such great ladies.. as usual!!! We made four cards this go around, along with a special 3D project to take their cards home in. I just love hunting down new techniques or trying to tweak an old one.

Anyway, I wanted to show off the cards for this block of classes.





The first, I was so excited to share with my class. In fact, I ended up cutting everything out for it, only to realize that I did not like the card and had to start it all over again. I had cut for 24 cards :-(
In the end, I an happy with the outcome. I have always loved the swing card and I even broke out some retired paper I had been hoarding, Close To My Heart's 'Cherry-O' paper. I think it worked out nicely.


Next.. I have to admit.. I am just now getting on the Washi bandwagon. I just could not understand what the big deal was about decorated tape... Well, I am now a convert. This stuff is so much fun and there are so many ways to use it. Here i just used the basic... add it to the card base technique and I love the color combination. 
 Finally, I am sad that this paper line is about to retire in just a few days. CTMH's 'Lollydoodle' is just such a HAPPY collection. I did make sure I have plenty on hand for my own personal stash.. It is just a mater of how long I will hold on to it.... I think that this card is cheerful and I think would brighten someone's day. Using the Chevron embossing folder and new Shinhan alcohol markers from Close To my Heart, I really loved the final product.

The 3D project is a super cute and fun. I found the tutorial for this purse on Youtube and you can watch it here. I enjoy all of her videos and know you will too. This cute little purse/gift bag can fold flat. So, if you are needing to make a bunch for a party, or just because.. They will not take up a lot space until you need them.


I see a bunch of these being made this year for my daughter's senior year.

As always, I hope you enjoyed your visit to my little age and I am still working hard to post regularly with projects that I think are of interest. If you would like to something in particular, please let me know.

Until next time...

Happy Crafting!!!

~Rochelle

 

No comments:

Post a Comment