Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Texas Mums

So, as mentioned in a previous post... I am sharing a popular Texas tradition. Homecoming means spirit week, high school football games, homecoming court, halftime....... 
AND MUMS...

I have posted about mums before, when we first moved to Texas and my oldest came to me two days before homecoming saying he needed a mum for his date.. I had NO clue what he was talking about...So, being the crafty mom that I am... in comes GOOGLE..
Dates make them for each other and many make their own. The guys wear theirs on their arms with garters and the girls can either pin theirs on or hang them from their necks.
The bigger, the better, the gaudier, the better...

This year, my daughter and her BFF (my daughter #2) went for bigger than last year... I would say they accomplished that mission. Although, I would say that the Moms did most of the work.

So, while I am sitting describing away, I am sure many of you just want to know what the HECK is a homecoming MUM...

Well, here ya go!!!

 The first pic is not that great. It was taken on my cell. I would call these about MEDIUM sized mums. Of course, the kids felt they needed to strike a pose. Oh, and your eyes are not deceiving you.. They are lit up.

My son reluctantly posed for this pic. I was just too excited to have finally finished this years bunch.

 My daughter, with her friends from her culinary class. As you can see, they are all so very different.

 Make sure to google homecoming mums. I have already been informed that next year, my daughter wants a triple mum for her Senior year. That should be interesting.

I hope you enjoyed a little of the Texas tradition. I welcome any and comments and questions.

Also, please do not hesitate to share my blog with your friends. The more, the merrier.

Happy Crafting!!
~Rochelle


Follow on Bloglovin


No comments:

Post a Comment