Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Addicted to SVGCUTS.com and the Silhoutte Cameo

So, how funny is it that I am completely addicted to the Silhoutte Cameo and I do NOT even have one YET? My girlfriend invited me over a few weeks ago to play with her new toy, the Silhouette Cameo. We first made an absolutely adorable teapot. 

For those of you who have never heard of the Silhouette Cameo, it is a digital cutter kind of like the Cricut. Only it does not require cartridges like the Cricut does, and uses digital files that can be downloaded from the internet. The best part is that you do not have to take up any more space in your craftroom, AND... you are supposed to be able to import any image and convert it to cut on the Silhouette. 

Well... While I do not have the Silhouette, YET.. I have already started buying svg cut files from a new favorite website, svgcuts.com . They have amazing suites for $6.99, many freebie files and opportunities to download their latest creations for FREE. You really should check them out. You will NOT be disappointed.

Anyway, back to my crafty session with my friend, Anna. The very first project I got to play with was this teapot. 

The suite for this teapot comes with many pieces, including a spoon, cup and saucer, and I believe two options for storing actual tea bags.. I can't wait to make the entire set.

So, for my second silhouette crafty session, I attacked the Ferris Wheel in a different suite. I hope you love it as much as I had fun putting it together. It did take a good bit of time, simply because I had to wait for the different layers to dry before proceeding. Anyway, here it is:


This lovely piece is now sitting up on a shelf in my craft room and I smile every time I see it.. And if you are curious.. YES, it DOES move. I will try to upload a video of it later this week for your enjoyment.. and mine :-)

I hope you have enjoyed today's little bit of sharing.. I will be posting soon about the fun my babies and I had making homecoming mums. For those of you NOT from the great state of TEXAS, you are in for a real TREAT. Stay Tuned..

Until my next post, Happy Crafting to you all

~Rochelle

 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment