Pages

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My May's Card Swap

Ok, I try to participate in card swap with some friends back in NY. They truly are a great bunch of crafty and creative girls and I miss meeting with them. Our little group will be coming to an end this summer, as the majority of us are military spouses and moving away. I am hoping that we can somehow continue this tradition in the future....

This month's swap theme is juvenile congratulations, god job, or way to go. I was torn, as I do not do very many juvenile cards as my babies are all almost grown now. But, I am hoping this one fits the bill.

As always, I welcome any and all feedback. With the crazy Spring/ Summer weather that has engulfed the country, I truly hope that everyone has been able to find some crafty time for themselves. And for those who have been displaced, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.


Just in case you wanted a close up....

I have to say, thank goodness there were only 9 swappers this month, as I had to cut out each of the owls. I am notorious for projects that require lot's of detailed cutting, and my hands despise me at the end of each project. But, I so love the finished look. If you have tried in the past and did not like the finished product, do NOT loose heart. IT takes plenty of practice and actually, the main trick is moving the paper as you cut instead of your cutting/scissor hand. Start off with images that are not very intricate and graduate yourself as you get comfortable. You will be amazed at what you do.

As always~

Happy Crafting



Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I think your card definitely fit the theme. The owl is too-hoo cute and the cutting advice is spot on. Nicely done! :-)

    ReplyDelete